Saturday, November 24, 2012

Howlina - Day 24: Mood II

Howlina's Flag after Independance
"Go through your notes and make a "m?" note next to anything that doesn't actively fit into
the mood you want to convey. It's all right to have mismatched moods, of course; in many
ways, it's crucial to have a variety. But you want to know, when you write your novel, if a particular
element is going to dilute the mood or not.
Bonus Exercise:
Find a drawing or piece of artwork that captures the mood of your piece and print it out,
preferably in color. Hang it on the outside of your notebook or near your desk. This might also
be a good day to put together your moody playlist."


I've been going back and editing my posts to make sure they stay in line all along.

I haven't been able to find one single image that captures the mood I want to invoke.  All the images I've used in these blog posts are all in line with the mood, because I was in that mood when I chose those images.  There just isn't one single one that fully captures the mood.

If I had to chose one single one today and make it the cover of the binder I use for my notes, I would choose a copy of the map of Howlina.

I have a playlist.  In fact I made a mix CD to try to keep me in the right mood as I'm brainstorming in my car.
  • Cowboy Song by Thin Lizzy
  • Like Dreamers Do by The Radiatators
  • William Tell Overture
  • I Can't Take It by Cheap Trick
  • Dominance and Submission by BOC
  • Stone In Love by Journey
  • She's So High by Tal Bachman
  • Smash and Grab by Juliette and the Licks
  • Are You Gonna Go My Way by Lenny Kravitz
  • I Want You to Want Me by Cheap Trick
  • Try It Again by The Hives
  • Let Love Rule by Lenny Kravitz
  • The Distance by Cake
  • I'm Not Your Stepping Stone by The Monkeys
  • Too Hot To Handle by UFO
  • Fly Away by Lenny Kravitz
  • Tonight It's You by Cheap Trick
  • Zydeco Gris-Gris by Beausoleil
  • Green-Eyed Lady by Sugarloaf
  • Here Comes Your Man by The Pixies
  • Salute Your Solution by The Raconteurs
  • Radar Love by Golden Earring

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, Bill; I'm going back to where I had to stop and am starting to check out your blogs again. I like the idea of having songs to keep you in the correct frame of mind. Good Idea. Auntie Char xoxoxoxo ;-p