Sunday, December 02, 2012

Καλό μήνα! Pollsters

I doubled the number of responses in my poll.  Thank you everyone.

The results are in.  It looks like someone voted for all of them.  I'm not sure how many I can have, but I'm pretty sure it isn't that many.

The clear winners with 6 votes each are:  Like, Dislike, and I Don't Understand.

The runners' up with 4 votes each are:  Love it, Hate it, I agree, I disagree.

Getting 2 votes each were:  Oh My!, Congratulations, Condolences, and Ehh, I don't care.

Last in the list with one vote each were:  Great, Terrible, Thoughtful, Funny, Not funny, Heartfelt and Respect.

I'm going to take some editorial license and say that if I had to choose between Like/Dislike and Love it/Hate it I would choose the latter.  The former is a bit too much like facebook.  although I wish facebook had a dislike button, I don't want this blog to be like facebook.  Also, Love it/Hate it is obviously more heartfelt, more committed.  I know I risk losing those who are too gun-shy to pull an emotional trigger of a weapon as powerful as love and hate, but I think I want to go with them instead.

I have to have I Don't Understand, it is so clearly what people are thinking here most of the time.

That gives me Love it/Hate it, Agree/Disagree and Don't understand.  That will work if I'm that limited in number of buttons I can have.

I do like Oh My! but I'm afraid that Congrats/Condolences are more useful and I'll have to pick them first with Oh My! being added in if I can fit it.

I'm going to leave off Don't Care.  The way I figure it clicking a button that says Don't Care is too ironic.

EDIT:  Based on space limitations I have decided to go with: Love it, Hate it, Agree, Disagree, Don't understand, and Oh My!

Let me know what you think.

No comments: