Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Blogging Record

This is my 108th post this year and I don't imagine I'm going to have less that 120 when it's all said and done.

That is the most posts I've ever done in a year since I began this blog back in January 2006.

I'm impressed.  That means I averaged more than two posts a week, and I posted at least once in every month this year.  This is also the third year in a row that my post total has increased.  If I do keep going at the rate I'm at I will have posted at least 30 times in each of the last three months.

I thought I was doing very well last year. My totals were driven up in 2011 by my posting as I rode by bike to work.  I decided not to do that this year and I expected my totals to go down, but it seems that posting every month, daily posts for Cthulhu month and November, December world building have more than made up for it.

I like this pace, though I'm not sure I can really keep it up indefinitely.  I would prefer to actually generate fiction content (in other words, stories) rather than just ideas, but keeping my mind and my fingers moving a little bit everyday will probably pay off in the end.  At least that's what I hope.

Wish me luck.

No comments: