Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Bike Commute 2011 - Day 34 Walter Payton!

This is from Monday, 1 Aug 11.

Couldn't finish the week last week.  I had planned on not riding Wednesday because I pre-stage my clothes and by Wednesday I had run out.  I figured it would be good to ride two days, take a break and ride two more days, but it didn't work out that way.

I thought I was lucky because Wednesday was a bit of a rainy day, but it turned out that Thursday was far rainy-er.   
It was raining when I was about to leave the house so I didn't ride, as is my personal rule.

Then Friday I had to take my youngest into the dentist and needed the car to drive her around and get there and back quickly.

Finally today I got back on the bike.

IN -
Got started at 4:01 which was nice.  It was a new moon(ish).  That and the slight ground fog made it pretty dark.
I smelled a skunk but otherwise had no indication of animals at all.  I guess Mondays are the animals' day off. 
It was already about 77o so I know this afternoon is going to be a scorcher.

HOME –
It was.  It was in the 90s and the humidity was a bear.  It’s funny how your world closes in when you’re struggling or in pain.
 
I couldn’t focus on anything except the trail and getting home, getting to the air conditioning and water.

Walter would have been ashamed of me.

No comments: