Sunday, May 01, 2011

First Quarter Review of Inner Prop's 2011 New Year's Resolution

Here, I said I would review my resolutions each quarter, so here you go:


Health
1. Waist - 36  I think I'm about 38 now, that's good down from 41
2. Weight - <220  232 down from 244, not doing so well yet
3. Finish P90  Switched over to BfL which I would have finished if I hadn't hurt my back
4. Bike commute as often as possible (75 times)  Because of weather I had to wait until April, not March, so I've revised this down to 75, and I'm well on my way to that.
5. Walks (10k steps a day)  I'm averaging 8,000, so I need to work on this

Family
1. Pay more attention to family finances  I think I'm doing that
2. Quarterly Dates  We've gone out to dinner several times, but no overnights yet
3. Game Night  Tried this once, it was a no go. We're going to have to do something else
4. New Pet  We're investigating rabbits and cavies, but don't have one yet
5. Walks  Need to do this more, I expect more now that the weather is good.

Music (these are sort of in order):
1. Learn to play ukulele (the definitions are still subjective, focus in Jan)  Been working on this nearly every day. I need to beef up my minutes a day though.
2. Play with my family (both in my house and a holiday gatherings)  I have taken my uke to two family gatherings at Boushette's house. The second time I actually had people sing along with me, fun.
3. Learn to play harmonica (again learning and playing are subjective terms)  Not yet
4. Learn to play bass  Not yet, probably Q2
5. Join a band  No ready yet, looking at Q4 for this one

Scouting 
1. Commissioner Key  Haven't talked to the District Commissioner yet
2. Archaeology Merit Badge Clinic  I have only one contact, need to go to another clinic and get MB counselor training

Writing:
1. Do NaNoEdMo in March  FAIL - Signed up and started, read most of Seekretya, but haven't finished reading it and have not edited at all
2. Submit my NaNoWriMo 2010 novel to a publisher  Not yet
3. Blogging
1. I will blog more posts this year than any previous year  Can't tell yet
2. I will review and update my 2011 goals at least quarterly  Done, here, now

 Work 
1. Don't get laid off  So far so good
2. Get a Promotion  This is a Q4 thing, and I've told my boss about it

No comments: