Friday, May 13, 2011

Bike Commute 2011 - Day 9

IN - Seems there is a lot more to write about in the afternoon than in the morning, well, some of the time. This morning was mostly uneventful. I left at 4:19 which has become sort of late-ish. It's 66o again (I think it was 62o yesterday), but it felt pretty comfortable. I guess I must have had a slight head wind which actually cooled me down. My nose was runny again, but I managed it a little better. It was very foggy and I suppose if there hadn't been a wind it would have been very low visibility.

One of my cube neighbors came up to me today.  He asked me about my bike.  He too commutes by bike.  I'll talk about him more some other day, but he commutes from the other direction and might have a great place to stash bikes inside the building (IF I can't put it in the cube I'm hiding it in now).


HOME - I guess I was wrong. There was very little to write about on this trip home. I didn't get a chance to write about it right after I got home, and wehn I did go back to write about it, I couldn't think of anything. It was nice and sunny with very little wind. I did take some pictures.


The bike path less taken

I took a picture of the trail sign where Mundelein comes in.  On of the things I really like about my commute is that I go through three towns.  I also turned around and took the snap of what I call, "The Spur."  I don't know what it's officially called, but you can take the trail down a twisty, open trail behind Carmel high school.  It adds about a mile and is very hot in the sun, but I'll take it when I have the time.
 
One of the things I really don't like about my commute is that the trail is really not that bike friendly.  In fact the whole area is very car-centric, and almost anti-bike.  At Butterfield and at Milwaukee avenues you have to stop, go over to the intersection and press the button.  It really slows you down.
Seriously, I mean, seriously?

No comments: