Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bike Commute 2011 - Day 16

IN -


The computer says the wind is 4mph from the north, but I think it must be some sort of government conspiracy instigated by the auto makers in cahoots with the oil producers. It felt like a 10mph easterly, right in my face. I don't know why I would be dragging so it's the only explanation I can come up with.

Lots of frogs and birds making themselves heard, but nothing of note to see. I did have a bug fly into my mouth.

It is getting brighter and brighter every morning. At this rate it seems like it will be daylight for my morning ride, but I'm pretty sure it won't. I didn’t start last year until July, but I don't remember it being all that bright in the morning and I was coming in a half hour later then.

Speaking of last year, I commuted 30 times last year so I'm over half that this year already. This is my 16th day this year.

HOME -

I was a nice, sunny day, bit cold though. It wasn't any warmer than coming in this morning. I think it was a north wind, so that was the most pleasant.

It was all dust on the trail today, some of it showing signs of washing out from the rain. Since the trail looked a bit like a beach I thought it was appropriate to take a pic of what I call the Beach House.
The Beach House

This place looks like it could be sitting on a lake somewhere, but in reality it is just overlooking the North Shore Bike Path.

In Mundelein I was traveling down Prospect and there is an over pass there for the train. This is the second time this year that I have avoid being caught by a freight train in Mundelein by taking this route. I really like the idea that I can ride my bike with a train overhead.
I've always said that I'm under-trained

No comments: