Saturday, November 10, 2007

She Does Have a Test Today. That Wasn't BS.

"It's a little childish and stupid, but then, so is high school."

Today is High School entrance exam day for Number One Daughter. Of course she was almost late because she had to do her hair, and make sure she had the right shirt, and "come on Dad, I can get up six minutes before I have to leave, why are you getting me up so early..."

It's a good thing she doesn't get test anxiety because her mother and I were nervous wrecks.

It is also dentist day. The younger two Propettes went to the dentist and Number Two Daughter may need braces. Great.

Later is a basketball game for Number One Daughter and a party for Number Two Daughter if she gets enough of her project done before hand.

Last night we went to see Les Mes with the Girl Scouts.

Thursday I spoke at a Veterans' Day assembly at the Propettes' school. It was really neat and they are making a DVD of the affair. I hope I can figure out how to cull some footage to show you all here. The panel included two WWII vets, a Viet Nam vet and lil' ole me. I was sure humbled when the WWII vets mentioned that they were in the Battle of the Bulge, and the VN vet said he was an FO.

After the Veterans' Day thing I ran to my old unit. They are preparing to go to Iraq and I volunteered to help (so of course they made me the leader of the Family Readiness Group). I should have a lot of info about Iraq and how it affects Illinois families coming this year (stay tuned). Thursday they had about five hours of briefings for the families so I went.

Then I raced back home to go to parent / teacher conferences.

Wow, no wonder I haven't blogged in a couple of days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. I have to sleep in the same room as a teenager. So you're even luckier. Good luck with the HIGHSCHOOLER!!!!!!