Monday, November 12, 2007

Happy Veterans' Day and Thank You

Before midnight it was Veterans' Day (I'm on 3rd shift now and my days are kinda mixed up).

I can't get a good salute together in my head, but I really had to post something today.

I am a veteran myself, so is my father and my brother. I have another brother who will soon become a vet. My maternal grandfather was a WWII vet and so was his brother-in-law.

I cannot express the gratitude I feel at the sacrifice, bravery and patriotism that all vets and their spouses and families went through and continue to go through.

This is the oath I took:

I (insert name), having been appointed a Lieutenant in the U.S. Army under the conditions indicated in this document, do accept such appointment and do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter, so help me God. [emphasis mine].

Thank you Veterans, God bless you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are very brave to go and leave your family. I bet you missed them a lot. I know they missed you a lot.

I have someone and he was sent off, too. It is very sad, but when he came back everything went back as it used to be.

Inner Prop said...

Thanks Jenn. I'm glad your someone came back. I don't know if everything can ever go back exactly the way it was but I'm glad it returned to normalacy.

I think things may actually be better at my house since I came back. We all appreciate each other more now.