Friday, November 02, 2007

Jiminy Cricket!

"We lie loudest when we lie to ourselves." - Eric Hoffer

Well, this post isn't a lie. I said I'd try to post based off quotes and here I am doing it.

Amazing.

Funny thing is, in the past, right here on ye olde bloge I've made resolutions and such and NOT followed through. I don't know why that is and I wonder if it has cost me readers.

What do you think?

Anyways, I was thinking that I could you this blog to record story ideas and such. I'm always jotting down notes on story ideas and maybe I could do it here and we could all discuss the merits of my brainstorms.

My first thought is based on my starting to read What Does a Martian Look Like by Jack Cohen and Ian Stuart. This book is making me think that I am just not smart enough to write SF. I am certainly smart enough to read and enjoy it, just not smart enough to contribute to the genre.

Maybe I should stick to fantasy, mystery and or horror.

The reason I've steered away from fantasy is Harry Potter. There are just too many fantasy books out there with authors and publishers trying to cash in on the Rowlings cow. I wanted to make SF fun and influential again. Maybe I can't, but maybe there's a teat out there for me on the fantasy bandwagon (mixed metaphor warning!)

Anyway, I just can't seem to get back to writing and I think I'm lying to myself. I don't think I have time, but maybe I'm just procrastinating and if I just prioritized writing higher then there would be time, and maybe if I just sent out my novels they'd be snatched up by publishers instantly, and mabye by the end of next year I'll be able to quit my night job and start writing full time.

Excuse me, my nose is growing again...

No comments: