It may seem a bit like learning how to ride after the barn door was left open, but I figure better late than never.
I'm reading the following books:
1. The Weblog Handbook by Rebecca Blood. This book was published in '02 so it may not be up to date enough.
2. No One Cares What You Had For Lunch, 100 Ideas for Your Blog by Margaret Mason. This book looks good and was written in '07.
3. Blogwild! : a guide for small business blogging by Andy Wibbels. I might want to make some money blogging someday. I didn't think it was possible, but I just saw a poll recently and 30% of people who answered made something like $15000 on their blogs in Oct 07. Wow.
5. The Tower Treasure by Franklin W. Dixon. This is an audio book of the first Hardy boys mystery. It isn't a blog book, but I am listening to it.
A couple of things I'm considering are:
1. A separate blog for home front issues (supporting the 108th Sustainment Brigade, see my vigil candle at right). It might be called "Victory Garden" ("homefront" is already taken).
2. A separate blog for family matters. I would give each of my Props a code name and only talk about things that had already (but recently) happened. Basically I'd be using the same OPSEC that I would in the military. It would be called "The Flowers of Mundelein."
3. "Papa Stories" a blog about, what else? This may be a great way to record and share all those wonderful stories. It would also keep a certain brother Prop of mine from claiming them as his own. I would also interject factual information about the history surrounding the story. For example I could talk about the Cuban Missile Crisis and the Civil War when presenting, "The Night of the Purple Fog."
Any thoughts? Any book recommendations? Do you like my photo at right?