Friday, July 01, 2011

Libertyville Village Band 2011 Concert 2 Review

We had another concert yesterday.

Here's what we played:

1. Triumphant Fanfare and Star Spangled Banner
2. American Salute
3. Jesus Christ Superstar
4. America the Beautiful
5. Classics, Classics, Classics
6. On a Hymnsong of Philip Bliss
7. The Best of Journey
8. American's We
9. A Gershwin Portrait
10. On The Mall

Our conductor is Corey Ames, but Jesus Christ Superstar and On a Hymnsong of Philip Bliss were conducted by the conductor emeritus Dave (sorry, I don't know his last name).

This concert was better overall.  First of all, we didn't need to stop any songs in the middle because we were all over the place.  I think this song list is mostly easier than what we did last week, which probably has the most influence.

For my own part, I did much better.  I'm not sure if it was because I'm actually improving or because I played the 2nd Alto Sax part.  It's probably a bit of both, or more broadly speaking, a mix of it all.

No comments: