Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Libertyville Village Band 2011 July 4th Concert Review

We had a concert at Butler Lake on July 4th. We were in the bandshell on the island.


This was our intended lineup:

1. Triumphant Fanfare - Star Spangled Banner (with vocalist Donna Chung)
2. A Gershwin Portrait
3. Americans We
4. Amazing Grace
5. Fugue On Yankee Doodle
6. Jesus Christ Superstar
7. Classics, Classics, Classics
8. Blue and the Gray
9. On A Hymnsong of Philip Bliss
10. American Salute
11. Disney At The Movies
12. Washington Grays
13. Armed Forces Salute
14. The Best of Journey
15. On The Mall
16. They Can't Take That Away From Me
17. National Emblem
18. America The Beautiful

I guess it's a good thing that we don't publish our lineups because we don't always play what we intend. This is what we actually played:

1. Triumphant Fanfare - Star Spangled Banner.
2. A Gershwin Portrait
3. Americans We
4. Amazing Grace
5. Fugue On Yankee Doodle
6. Jesus Christ Superstar
7. Classics, Classics, Classics
8. Blue and the Gray
9. On A Hymnsong of Philip Bliss
10. American Salute
11. Disney At The Movies

I think there was some confusion at this point and we skipped Washington Grays

12. Armed Forces Salute

There was a firework that went off and I think that Corey thought all the fireworks were going to start so he cut out a few things.

13. On The Mall
14. Washington Grays
15. America The Beautiful

We were packing up to leave when the singer, Donna Chung arrived, so we sat back down and played one last piece

16. Star Spangled Banner

In all it was very nice. I thought we sounded pretty good, and my family said we did too, no matter how I pried to try to get a more critical review.

I would recommend it to anyone.

After the concert they set off the fireworks right there in the park. It was so close that we were covered in ash and pieces of paper by the end. The display was about 25 minutes, but my oldest daughter said it was the best finale that she had ever seen.

2 comments:

AOPC said...

Howdy, stumbled on your blog via a search for icon corners in cubicles and...well..opened up on your "month of cthulhu". I salute your adherence to rugby, cthulhu and icons.

Inner Prop said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Funny, when I first read, "icon corner" I thought you were talking about computer icons. I didn't know what a corner for computer icons would look like.

I totally forgot about my icon corner.