Sunday, July 30, 2006

Day VII - D'OH!

I had to wait an hour to use the hotel computer only to find that it won't read from the USB port.

For those who know, my thumbdrive troubles continue. For those of you who don't know, when I was in Afghanistan I was issued a thumbdrive (memory stick, external USB drive...) and it died on me. I didn't do anything to it, it just died. I had a second one that MJ had given me. It died (it was old to begin with). Then I got another one and it, you guessed it died. When I got back to the states I got one for myself. It died. There must be something about my aura or personal magnetic field.

Well, I think this time it's just because this computer hasn't had the driver installed for that port and I don't have the authority to add it.

If you think all this is an elaborate excuse for not posting excerpts from The Larch, you may be right. I am going to try to post it later, when I get home. In case I don't I have all my excuses in place.

No comments: