Physical (Health and Work)
Honestly I've got to split these out, I can't have one without the other, for so many reasons.
1. P90X or Insanity
2. Get a new position
Quarterly Dates - one substantial date each quarter
Mental (Music and Writing)
Make at least 4 novel submissions this year
The article in LifeHack gives 9 parts to each resolution. I'm going to do the Health one today.
Finish P90X or Insanity by 30 June 12.
2. Benefit of meeting the goal =
Live longer, give myself a chance to do something after retiring and enjoy my grandchildren
3. Reminder of this benefit =
I think about short life all the time with reminders of my father's cancer, but I think I will also find a symbol of Archaeology to put on one side of each of my computers and a grandchild for the other side.
4. Anti-benefit, the benefit of not accomplishing this goal =
Get to relax and not exercise.
5. Alternate means of achieving the anti-benefit =
I'll take September off of exercising.
6. Task list (or milestones, or intermediate goals) =
- Get P90X (it's on hold at the library)
- Alternate is to borrow it from a friend
- Last alternate is to buy it
- Exercise in the meantime so I can be ready to do it
- Get all the equipment I need for it
7. Next Step =
Find out what the starting requirements are for P90X and Insanity
8. Who do I have to be to be able to make this goal (or who will I be when I make it) =
Buff stud (just kidding), I have to be thinner and stronger
9. Accountability =
- I've posted this here, and I will keep posting here on a weekly basis once I start
- I will have a spreadsheet to track my progress
- I will post my before, during and after pictures.