Wednesday, November 02, 2011

2011 Resolutions - Fourth Quarter Review

Health

1. Waist - 36
Q1 - From 41 to 38
Q2 - Loose 38s
Q3 - My belts and pants are really too loose, my wife and kids have started to mention how my pants look gathered at the waist. I can fit into my old suits well now
Q4 - Bought new pants and 36s fit noticeably better than 38s. Was measured at my health screening with my shirts on at 36

2. Weight - >220
Q1 - From 244 to 232
Q2 - 231
Q3 - I was right about 222 (100kg) at the lowest I checked

3. Finish P90
Q1 - Switched over to Body for Life
Q2 - NSTR
Q3 - NSTR

4. Bike commute as often as possible (75 times)
Q1 - NA
Q2 - On track
Q3 - I'm on track, and if the weather holds I should blow right through this
Q4 - DONE 2 Nov 11!

5. Walks (10k steps a day)
Q1 - Averaging 8,000
Q2 - With the bike commuting I'm up to 9,600 average.
Q3 - With bike commuting I'm up over 10k

Family

1. Pay more attention to family finances
Q1 - I think I'm doing that.
Q2 - Started keeping track with Evernote.
Q3 - NSTR

2. Quarterly Dates
Q1 - We've gone out to dinner several times, but no overnights yet.
Q2 - None
Q3 - Still haven't had one, but I'm trying for mid November.

3. Game Night
Q1 - One failed attempt
Q2 - Fail
Q3 - In truth I had forgotten about this goal. The kids do like to dance with the Wii though quite a bit and now that the weather is getting dodgy they do more.

4. New Pet
Q1 - NSTR
Q2 - NSTR
Q3 - NSTR (doesn't look good)

5. Walks
Q1 - None
Q2 - None
Q3 - Have not done once this has been a total fail

Music (these are sort of in order):


1. Learn to play ukulele (the definitions are still subjective)
Q1 - Working on
Q2 - Work on memorizing 5 songs for Owasippe.
Q3 - I have about 4 or 5 songs memorized, I led a song at Reneker's closing campfire, but that was Make New Friends and it's only two chords. I still feel like I'm not doing this right and I think I'm starting to sound worse than before (I think)

2. Play with my family (both in my house and a holiday gatherings)
Q1 - Marginally successful
Q2 - NSTR
Q3 - It did play at camp and at g/Pete's birthday I played Wild Rover for everybody. They seemed to like it

3. RE-learn to play sax.
Q1 - NA (goal changed from harmonica)
Q2 - I think I terrible, but I'm in the band (see below)
Q3 - Decided not to continue on with the CLC band, maybe next year, I'm too busy with bike commuting and such

4. Learn to play bass
Q1 - Not yet
Q2 - Sax took over
Q3 - Pushed off to next year

5. Join a band
Q1 - Not yet
Q2 - DONE! Libertyville Village Band.
Q3 - Back out again

Scouting

1. Commissioner Key
Q1 - NSTR
Q2 - Working on
Q3 - Working on

2. Archaeology Merit Badge Clinic
Q1 - Little done
Q2 - Talked to an Archaeologist who runs one in another district. He hadn't held one yet and promised to call me when he did
Q3 - Never went to a clinic or a mock dig. I did sign up again to be a MB counselor

Writing:

1. Do NaNoEdMo in March
Q1 - FAIL
Q2 - NSTR
Q3 - NSTR
Q4 - Not doing NaNoWriMo so I can get this done

2. Submit my NaNoWriMo 2010 novel to a publisher
Q1 - NA - Not scheduled until after #1 above
Q2 - Not yet
Q3 - NSTR
Q4 - Not doing NaNoWriMo, the new goal is to edit one of my previous novels and get it to a publisher before the end of the year

3. Blogging
A. I will blog more posts this year than any previous year
Q1 - On track
Q2 - Slightly behind
Q3 - Back on track with my bike commute reports. I attempted some audio reports with mixed results
Q4 - Success - I already have more than any other year by 1 Nov 11

B. I will review and update my 2011 goals at least quarterly
Q1 - Done, here, now.
Q2 - Yep, and done again.
Q3 - A bit late, but done

Work

1. Don't get laid off
Q1 - So far so good
Q2 - NSTR
Q3 - They pushed the layoffs back

2. Get a Promotion This is a Q4 thing, and I've told my boss about it
Q1 - NA
Q2 - NA
Q3 - Mrs. Prop has given me some things to apply for and I've redone my resume, but I haven't applied yet

I have some new goals. Some have developed from these and some are completely new. I'm going to record them so I don't forget. These are new and not carry-overs from 2011:

1. New Job outside ADD
2. Fix Lincoln Avenue Trail
3. One new fiction story a week (maybe I can split this between fiction and Papa stories)
4. Learn sax and get back in both the Libertyville Band and the CLC band
5. P90X or Insanity
6. 100 Bike commutes
7. Learn bass
8. Earn the right to write a NaNoWriMo by making 3 novel submissions by November

No comments: