Sunday, November 20, 2011

Where Are the Boys?

I've read all I have of Boys of St. Leonard's.  It's less than I thought there was.  I did a bit of skipping around when I wrote what I wrote so I not only have to finish the book, I have to fill in the blanks.

This is actually very exciting since there were some problems that I now know how I want to fix.  I don't know if they are the right fixes, but I know what I want to try.

One thing I realized when reading this is that the problem I have with writing mysteries is that I can make a plan and get the characters started, but sometimes I have trouble making them do what I need to to get the story done right.  I suppose that's why there are so many cardboard characters in mysteries.

Anyway, I'm happy that I have at least gotten this step done.  I hadn't even gotten this far with the last book I tried to edit (Seekretya) last March.

I thought I should post an update since the only way to make sure I get this done is to be beholden to someone/something about it.

No comments: