BTW - Looking at Boris Vallejo's work I posted earlier I realized that his work does NOT actually fit the mood I'm trying to set. His work has mostly naked women like Frazetta or Corben, but it's too bright and overall too smooth (I do like smooth women, but the whole scene is too smooth).
These bullets are from 30 Days of World Building. She had used the name "Joe" but I'll use my wizard, Thahn.
• Describe Thahn's physical appearance, age, educational background, and speech patterns:
o See Spreadsheet
• What would a stranger notice 5 minutes after meeting Thahn?
o He wearing a Black Wizard's hat, but a Green Wizard's vest and carries a wooden staff (really his magical bow) that also shows that he is a qualified Green Wizard. He is under average height and weight, but has a look in his eye like he means business.
• What would a companion notice after 5 days of travelling with, working with, or being around Thahn?
o He's much more lighthearted by nature, but serious because of the situation of the story. He likes to smile and laugh, and will laugh easily, but the situation will cause the laughter and smiling to fade quickly. He takes a great deal of pride in his work, both Black Magklik and Green Magklik.
• Who are Thahn's parents? Are they still alive?
o When he was still a teen the local lord, Count Grogan conquered the land his Father farmed. Because Thahn was taken to become a Wizard his Father was taken into the army as a reward for providing a Wizard. He died in battle. Thahn's mother was made one of the lord's concubines as a reward. She has worked her way up to first concubine. (This is from the story I wrote originally, I'm not sure if it jives with the current marriage rules I laid out above, but I think it would suit the ultra-evil Grogan).
• What if Thahn met his parents? How would he behave?
o He would quietly weep if he ever found his Father's grave. If he ever met his Mother he would be respectful, but would resent her for using her sex to get ahead.
• Where did Thahn grow up? What if Thahn had grown up somewhere else? What if he didn't like his home?
o Thahn grew up on a farm in the forest. When he was a very young teenager he was taken to the Academy to become a Wizard. He hated having to learn to be a Black Wizard and eventually left with his degree but sought other work.
• What if Thahn wasn't born there?
o This question doesn't make sense, it would have to ask what if he had been born in a specific different place.
• Who is Thahn's biggest hero? What if Thahn met his hero?
o Thahn's hero is the Green Wizard Lohm, who died defending his forest from wonton distruction. Thahn would be very surprised and confused to meet the dead wizard.
• What if Thahn met his nemesis in a neutral public place?
o He wouldn't hesitate to try to kill him. He would try to attack the instant he saw him, not in a sneaky way, but also he doesn't care if his enemy knows or not who killed him, just that he die.
• What if Thahn had a family, kids, etc.? What if Thahn's kids were part of Thahn's problem?
o Thahn thinks he wants a nice farm girl for a wife, but he is actually attracted to the ultra sexy Priestesses if they are the village type. He would marry one and try to go off somewhere to be the protectors of whatever village they end up in. He would closely and lovingly rear his children and would be crushed if they were a cause of problems. He would never be able to kill or hurt them even if they were evil, but he might help the officials who were hunting down his child.
• How does Thahn fit into your speculative element? Does he not believe in it? Is he an expert in it? Is he an outsider?
o Thahn holds a degree in Black Magklik and Green Magklik. This is very rare and he is considered a prodigy in magklik.
• What if Thahn encountered something he didn't believe could happen? How would he react? What would that something be?
o He'd be skeptical, but approach it in a scientific way. That something would be a truly good Priestess.
• What secrets does Thahn have? What if his nemesis knew his secret? What if a love interest knew? What will Thahn do to protect his secrets?
o His secret is his involvement in The Movement. He might kill an official who knew if they were a sufficient threat to the Movement. He would suffer torture and death is he could keep the Movement a secret.
• What does Thahn not know about himself? What if Thahn wasn't who he thinks he is? What if he learned about himself? How would he take the information?
o He can and does love a Priestess. If he didn't have the history he thought he did he'd disown it if it didn't match his current moral values.
• What if Thahn left home? What if he returned? What if Thahn became an outsider or outlaw?
o He did. He can't it's destroyed. He is an outlaw, he doesn't mind if since he's in the company of good people.