Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Scary Cthulhu

I tried for a scary Cthulhu today because it's raining and I feel that way. Besides, I don't think I'm going to have time to write a novel this November for NaNoWriMo.

That's trebly bad:

1. Practice makes perfect. I think I'm getting better and will get better with practice.

2. I have a tradition and I hate to break with tradition. I kind of like it, it's a challenge that is difficult, but I can and have done it. It gets harder in some ways each year, because I want to improve. It also gets easier each year.

3. Most importantly, I had a really good idea and it really needs telling, but if I don't have time to write it now, I may never get time to write it. If I don't write it then no one will. In fact, if I don't write it, no one CAN.

I may have to write some short stories using these characters to keep them alive while I wait for enough time to write their book.

I have told the basic premise to several people and they like it and can't wait to read the book. I won't torture you, dear reader that way, but I will tell you that the main character is a recently divorced, recently down-sized middle-aged man named Carrol Elderidge.

No comments: