Wednesday, December 25, 2013

First Blog Post on My New Keyboard

This is the first ever post I'm writing on my new tablet keyboard.

Before the last post about Doctor Who I was terribly busy with getting ready for Christmas.  Now it's more than half over (my side will be doing Christmas on St. Basil's Day).

I need to report on my goals progress, but it is so close to the end of the year I don't know if it would be worth doing.  One thing I do want to share is what I think must be my goals for next year and the priorities.

I think I need to limit my goals very much.  I wanted to make one for each role I have in life and one each for Mind, Body and Spirit.  I think instead for 2014 I need only a handful (read no more than five) that touch on as many roles as possible.

What I've come up with so far is thus:
1.  Learn Greek
2.  Archaeology
3.  Writing
4.  New Job
5.  Commissioner

I need to use the SMART system to define these and put measures on them.  I'll do that over the next few posts.

The first priority, the first thing foremost above all else and at the cost of all other goals I need to learn to speak and read Greek.  I won't detail why exactly that's true here, but it is.

The others follow in the priority I gave, I think, so far.  I'll let you know as I go.  Also, I will only be tracking my writing goals here.  Most of my personal goals will be tracked and discussed on my Flowers of Mundelein blog.

Now that I've written a post on my tablet keyboard, I think I will be doing it a lot.  That is the purpose of the keyboard and most of the reason for the tablet.

No comments: