Friday, March 22, 2013

Weekly Goal Report - Some Good, Some Bad

I am very late in reporting.  This report is actually for the week of March 10-17.

That's not the bad news.

The bad news is that I have now missed 10 days of my P90X program.  I'm on day 73, but in the past 4 weeks I have missed at least one day in each week.  The program calls for working out six times a week, but in the past three weeks I've only worked out four days each.

This is due in a large part to my injured left knee.  I would estimate that it is now at about 95% and doesn't cause me pain at all when not in use.  When I first start walking or when I exert myself a little then it does cause discomfort.  I have no real pain at all with it unless I exert myself quite a bit at a certain angle.  I am nervous about it though and shy away from what may, at the time, seem like slight discomfort when I'm exercising.  When I actually hurt it this time I didn't really feel any pain when I was actually exercising.

Day 5 of the P90X weeks is almost always a leg workout, so you can see why Day 5s have been missed, deliberately and not.

Day 6 is Saturday and the day when I have to actually steal time from family time to make exercise time.

Excuses are over.  This week I am determined to do whatever it takes to get in 6 workouts.  I only have a few weeks left.

The question is begged though, with 10 days missing, should I continue until I make them up?  If I just go 90 days from when I started then the end is on 7 Apr 13.

The trouble with just continuing is that the program is not regular.  The concept is to cause muscle confusion by varying the workouts.  It is not the same thing every day or even every week.  There are two kinds of leg workouts and probably about three kinds of arm workouts.  Sometimes arms are combined with back and sometimes legs.

I also can't just go back and do those exercise days that I missed because as I said, quite a few of them are leg workouts and I can't do back to back to back legs.

I'll let you know what I figure out.

The good news is that I'm on Day 73 of P90X and the last time I weighed myself I was 227.  That's the lightest I've been this year.

In other good news, I finally signed up for Girl Scout Outdoor Training Module 2&3.  This is an all day outdoor training and I'm going to do it tomorrow.

And to close out with just a hint, a pinch, a whisper of bad news, it is supposed to only get up to 37 degrees tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You still never cease to amaze me,
Bill. Your energy level is unbelievable............ I'm having a hard time starting a walking "aerobic" 30 min. DVD. I know I have to; but I'm having trouble with my chronic fatigue the past month. I'm up one day and sleep the next; it's so frustrating; sleeping so much, doesn't give me time to get things done and doesn't leave me time or energy to start the exercises. So, believe me; you are really doing well, Sweets. Love, A. Char xoxoxoxo ;-p

Inner Prop said...

Thanks. I know, sleep seems like such a chore; what a waste of time. I really need to do more of it, but when?

I actually want to do a whole lot more, but I just don't have the time.

I love walking though, it is a very human thing to do. I hope you do find the energy to do it because it is great and I think you will get more energy the more you do it.