We had a better turnout for the June poll for super powers. It seems like the most people would like to fly and shoot stuff. I'm all for that!
I must apologize. I have a post on, "Scrums" in sports other than Rugby, but I have to wordsmith it a bit yet before I can post it. That will be the very next one.
I want to kick off our next poll. This one is about Chicago.
What is the first thing you think of when you think of Chicago? What is the most iconic thing about Chicago? What is the single most visible, outstanding thing about Chicago to the world? Is it:
- Sports Teams / Players (Da Bears, Da Bulls, loser Cubs, Da Hawks, Michael Jordon, Walter Payton, Dick Butkis, Bobby Hull)?
- The food (pizza, Italian beef, Chicago style hot dogs the restaurants)
- The theater
- Politics (the Daley family, the Wigwam, the conventions)
- Architecture and engineering (Burnham, Wright, Sears Tower, the skyline, the first skyscraper, Van Der Roe, reversing the river)
- Museums and Zoos
- Schools (U of Chicago, UIC, Loyola, DePaul, Northwestern)