Friday, December 31, 2010

End of 2010

With this post I will tie the second most prolific blogging year I've had (2007 and 2010 had 74 posts and 2006, my first had 92 posts). I also gained the most visits. In 2009 Illini6 reached 7,000 visits, and today we have over 16,000! Ok, there are some blogs out there with over 16,000 a day, but I'm pretty happy that I'm still growing.

This was a good year in that I started commuting by bike to work. I do like it a lot and I can't wait for Spring so I can start again.

My middle daughter and youngest changed schools and are doing very well, so that's good.

I won NaNoWriMo again. I spent a lot of time developing two Con-Worlds, which I really liked. I'm going to continue so I hope you all liked it.

Two very bad things happened this year though, we lost my Father, and in November I had a health screening that wasn't so good. I've had hypertension for over 10 years, but this was the first time my cholesterol and triglycerides were out of whack. They aren't insurmountable, but I will have to make some very serious efforts to keep myself healthy.

I can't find my 2009 New Year's Resolutions, so I can't measure how I did, but I doubt I did very well, because they were made before my Dad took started on his last adventure.

I really don't know what happened to the second half of 2010. The individual parts went at a normal rate, even paced, but as a group they passed without my noticing.

Here are my 2008 Resolutions, of which I didn't accomplish any:

Make >$1000 Writing
Communicate with extended family once a weekSubmit 12 Novel Queries
Complete Level 1 of Rosetta Stone Greek
Swim 100 miles
Join a band

In my last post of 2009 I talked about things I was thinking about. One of them was a family resolution. I remember that we had a long talk in the car on the way to my parents' house. We came up with some things we wanted to do, but I also remember that we didn't stick to them long enough for me to even remember what they were.

I do have some resolutions I'm working on, but this year, I WILL post them.

No comments: