Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fiction vs Nonfiction

I find fiction far easier to write than nonfiction.

That's probably why my posts here have been few and far between. I've been writing, but the stuff I've been writing I'm sending out to try to get published for money.

Crass I know, but if I'm going to have writing as a hobby I have to pay my way with it a bit. it seems selfish and a waste of time if my writing doesn't pay SOMETHING.

They say, do what you love and the money will follow. If that's true then money is taking the long way around.

Anyway, the point of this post is that I have a hard time writing nonfiction, maybe because the world doesn't work the way I think it ought to (see my last paragraph) but it will if I'm writing it. On this blog you get either original fiction, which means that I've abandoned all hope of making money off that particular piece; or nonfiction, which I struggle with.

Should I give out more free fiction or make my posts both nonfiction and very few and far between?

No comments: