Sunday, December 03, 2006

I DID IT! I DID IT AGAIN!

Last Thursday I finished my SECOND NaNoWriMo book!

On November 1st I started with an idea and a blank screen. At 2330 (11:30 PM I tend to use
"Military'' time or the 24 hour clock because for some reason however I write am or PM the computer tells me I'm wrong and because I can) on November 30th I sent my 50,000 word book (sort of a novella by word count standards) to the website for National Novel Writing Month.

My book is called Guya Principal and it's a comedy. The story is about a moon-sized blob of dark matter that rubs up against the Earth and because the blob has an intelligence, it forms its own kind of Earth.

I really have to stress how impressive this is. For two years in a row I managed to put together a completely original novel in one month. This year was harder than last. I woke up at 0400 each morning after working my shift at work 1000-1900 and going home and trying to spend quality time with my family until about 2200 and also going to National Guard.

I'll post the first couple chapters on this blog later. I'll also send the whole thing out to some very select people.

If you'd like a copy of the whole kit and caboodle please let me know so I can send it to you. I only ask that you let me know what you think.

No comments: