Thursday, October 24, 2013

Time Isn't Holding Up

Kaye Dacus in her blog today says you need to calculate the time you have in November to see if you will be able to write the 50,000 words for NaNoWriMo.

After a "once in a lifetime" trip, when I found myself "in another part of the world," "with a beautiful house and a beautiful wife..."  I grabbed my Google calendar and my notebook do do some calculatin'.

I figure I can write about 1,000 words an hour.  When I'm really in the writing mood I'm actually "writing" all day long and the word count is merely the time it takes to type.  I am a very slow typer (16.7 words per minute).  This means that I need 50 hours in order to get my book done.

The way I counted I should have 58 hours to type.  That's enough, Tha's e-NUF!

Now I just need to come up with the plot, characters, theme, mood, and location.  No biggie at all.

No comments: