Monday, November 26, 2007

Fiction Monday Update

I did NOT get any writing done this past, long weekend. I need to edit a mystery story I'm working on called "The Pizza Delivery Boy." When I get it done, I'm going to submit it to some high paying magazines.

I have a short story called "Lest Too Light Winning Makes the Prize Light" submitted to an e-zine called AlienQ. The story is a SF story modeled after Aldous Huxley's novel Brave New World and William Shakespeare's play The Tempest.

The story is set in a future where dozens of artificial worlds have been built in the solar system and many of them have genetically engineered people in them. The protagonist is a Major from a world that uses genetic engineering to divide people into castes. He is sent with his Regiment to provide military aid to a world populated by people who have engineered themselves so that they can fly.

I guess that Cthulhu Kitty was a good luck charm afterall. I'm being published in a Christmas cat anthology. Whortleberry Press is doing the anthology called Cats Around the Christmas Tree and my story was accepted. If you go there now you can order a copy in time for Christmas.

No comments: